Monday, December 15, 2008

Airmail Labels from Papua New Guinea


































Collection from Papua New Guinea (PNG). The label depicts the national bird - Bird of Paradise.

The birds of paradise are members of the family Paradisaeidae of the order Passeriformes. They are found in eastern Indonesia, Torres Strait Islands, Papua New Guinea, and eastern Australia.

PNG is a parliamentary democracy on the eastern half of the island of New Guinea; in 1975 it became an independent state within the Commonwealth of Nations.

Bird photo courtesy from Wikipedia.


2 comments:

  1. This is really nice airmail labels.Yes, I am interesting to exchange with you. Please keep contact through email, I not sure what labels you already have and what we can exchange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, glad to hear from you. I am in the midst of sorting out my collections and posting it to the blog. Sure will keep in touch with you once I find all the duplicate for exchange.

    ReplyDelete